As a new blogger, I am amazed at how kind my fellow bloggers are. The kindest of all has been Granny of Granny’s Parlour. She has been a most enthusiastic supporter of my poor mental meanderings from the very beginning and I thank her for her encouragement and support with all my heart.
I love doing my blog. It’s a way to explore another dimension of my world in a very personal and yet public way — I guess that’s the wanna-be book author in me. That anyone would care to read my maunderings is a kind of validation. At the same time, I have a chance to touch minds with so many like-minded people, and that’s a wonderful thing when you come to think of it.
Discovering fellow bloggers brings back the sense of excitement I felt as a kid when I would meet someone whose interests and intellect were in sync. In those days, though, the odds of meeting sympatico people were very limited so that, when you did, it was a kind of falling in love at the cerebral level.
Now, thanks to the wonderful world of cyberspace, we get to meet kindred minds from all over the world. What could be more exciting and comforting than that?
Now for the rules:
The RULES for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Add the award to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
- Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
- List the rules.
- Award to 15 bloggers.
- Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Things about me:
1) I used to be a member of Parliament for Winnipeg South
2) I am the recent past-chairman of the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
3) I’ve never met a plant I couldn’t kill
4) I don’t know how to be a tidy gardener
5) I’m currently reading 3,202 pages of Anthony Trollop’s novel
6) I love my husband, kids, grand kids, friends and employees
7) I once melted the face off my doll by leaving it out in the sun
8) *extra* I have size 9 feet
15 Bloggers I nominate for the award (Please visit their blogs too)…